How do I get a real estate license?
To get a real estate license you must meet certain criteria, including:
How do I take the pre-license course?
- 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or equivalency degree
- Complete a 75 hour pre-licensing course, including a final exam for the course
- Pass a state licensing examination
You can take the pre-license course at an approved school in a classroom setting (or online). When you successfully complete the course, you will be required to take a state exam. If you pass the state exam, you will be issued a salespersons license. You must be affiliated with a broker who will actually hold your license.
How long is the course?
In a classroom setting it can be approximately one to six weeks depending on whether you take day or evening/weekend classes.
How do I choose a company?
If you’re here reading this, you’ve made the right choice.
How soon can I expect to generate income?
The exciting thing about a career in real estate is that you are limited only by your imagination. Some new agents are selling homes within the first thirty days. It all depends on your dedication, initiative and true desire to succeed.
Once you have decided to work with Countrywide Realty Partners, LLC, there are several steps you need to complete before you can begin your new role in real estate:
1. Complete the State Approved Principles and Practices of Real Estate Course. This course provides a solid foundation of real estate law and theory and is required for hiring.
2. Schedule to take the real estate exam with the appropriate testing facility.
3. Take the exam given by the Florida Department of Professional Regulation (or the state in which you are applying under one of Countrywide Realty Partners, LLC
Once you’ve passed the exam:
- The pre-license requirements will vary in cost depending on which school you choose to attend. You can assume that your initial investment to become licensed will be roughly $299 -$399.
You have two options:
A career in real estate can be very rewarding when working at the right organization.
- Activate your license. At this point you can list, sell, and lease properties while working under the auspices of a brokerage firm. Countrywide Realty Partners, LLC requires that you join a local board of real estate, the Florida Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors. The fees to join these trade associations are approximately $470 annually and $350 for the MLS. There will also be some costs associated with getting your business started. This cost varies depending on your personal campaign.
- Activate your license with a referral company. Under the CRP umbrella of companies we own a referral company (so we have you covered). This license is considered active because you can receive compensation for referrals from another agent, but you do not perform the fiduciary duties of a licensed agent, nor are you responsible for most dues and fees. This is a great option if you are on a budget but really want to get started.
Below is a detailed list of the offerings candidates should look for in a real estate organization during their selection process:
- Excellent training and coaching programs offered year-round
- Personalized home page with your photo, bio and links to all of your listings
- Wifi and hardwired desk
- Sales manager
- Full-time administrative staff
- Full-time office manager and bookkeeper
- High-end marketing materials to help you secure more listings
- Incentive programs
- Awards and recognition
Call our 24 hour hotline for more info. No Obligation. 800-290-7619 EXT 1005
Or Fill out the form below.